Non-Instructional Assignment Requests
NIA Request Process
- Faculty initiate NIA requests for the coming academic year (fall and spring semesters) according to college deadlines.
- All proposed NIAs for the coming academic year, with descriptive plan, must be completed and submitted by current faculty members, acted upon by the Department Chair/Head, and routed to the Dean for consideration.
- All Dean-approved NIA requests must be routed to the Provost for review and decision no later than July 1 for current faculty, and September 1 for new faculty.
- No NIAs will be placed on the calendar unless/until approved.
- NIA Report links will be sent to all faculty with approved NIAs on December 1 for fall NIAs (electronic reports due by January 15) and May 1 for spring NIAs (electronic reports due by June 1). Note: Department Chair/Head Reports are made directly to the Dean. Reports are not required for Dissertation/Master’s Closure NIAs. Faculty with these NIA types will not receive a report link.
Questions regarding the NIA process may be directed to Monica Kroft, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding NIA details should be directed to the Dean’s Office.