Resources – New Full-Time Faculty
Welcome to UIS! We are delighted you will be joining, or have recently joined, the UIS community.
New Faculty Orientation and the Teaching & Learning Academy are scheduled each fall for all individuals who have begun their full-time faculty careers at UIS since the previous fall. These events are designed to equip you with essential information and tools, and they’re just the beginning of your faculty development opportunities at UIS. New faculty activities also include opportunities to get acquainted and begin networking with other new faculty and faculty from your college.
Fall 2019 Required New Faculty Activities
- New Faculty Orientation (NFO): Friday, August 16; Tuesday, August 20
- Teaching & Learning Academy (TALA) for new faculty: Monday, August 19; Wednesday morning, August 21
- Elective Workshops, One-to-One and Small Group Assistance Sessions: Wednesday afternoon, August 21
- Chancellor’s Convocation: Thursday, August 22, 2:30 p.m., Student Union Ballroom
Essential New Faculty Resources
- Section A. Basic “Must Do” Tasks
- Section B. Preparing to Teach Your Courses: Instructional Resources
- Section C. Other Teaching Related-Information
- Section D. Administrative Tasks to Anticipate
- Section E. University Resources