Resources – New Full-Time Faculty
Welcome to UIS! We are delighted you will be joining, or have recently joined, the UIS community.
New Faculty Orientation and the Teaching & Learning Academy are scheduled each fall for all individuals who have begun their full-time faculty careers at UIS since the previous fall. These events are designed to equip you with essential information and tools, and they’re just the beginning of your faculty development opportunities at UIS. New faculty activities also include opportunities to get acquainted and begin networking with other new faculty and faculty from your college.
Resources from this year’s new faculty activities
- Log in to resources available for Fall 2019 new faculty activity participants
- View the list of sessions and presenters from 2019 New Faculty Orientation and Teaching & Learning Academy (includes each presenter’s email link)
Looking ahead to Fall 2020 required new faculty activities
- New Faculty Orientation and Teaching & Learning Academy: Week of August 17, 2020
Essential New Faculty Resources
- Section A. Basic “Must Do” Tasks
- Section B. Preparing to Teach Your Courses: Instructional Resources
- Section C. Other Teaching Related-Information
- Section D. Administrative Tasks to Anticipate
- Section E. University Resources