Faculty Position Requests
Requests to hire per-course (adjunct) faculty
Link to the template for per-course (adjunct) hire requests. Requests may be initiated to hire for a specific semester, or to add a qualified individual to the department’s adjunct faculty pool for future need.
Requests for full-time (academic year appointment) faculty positions
- The process of filling a full-time faculty position at UIS begins with a consultation between Department and Dean.
- Once the Dean has given the preliminary go-ahead, the Department Chair/Head initiates the college-specific Faculty Position Request (FPR) online form. A worksheet listing FPR form fields is available to assist Department Chairs/Heads in preparing to complete the online form. Links to FPR forms for the academic colleges are listed below:
- Forms are routed to Dean and Provost for action (approve, deny, return for more information).
- Department Chair/Head and Dean receive an email notification when the request has been approved or denied.
- Administrative Assistant to the Provost initiates the Hire Touch process to fill approved faculty positions.
- While the position requisition (fiscal authorization) is routing for Hire Touch approvals, the search plan may be drafted so it will be ready for upload by the Dean’s Office once the Hire Touch position requisition has been approved.