Faculty Awards Advisory Commission 2019
To recommend the creation, criteria, selection process, and timeline for implementation of new awards that will more fully celebrate the academic contributions of colleagues (both tenured/ tenure-track, full time instructors, and adjuncts) and the quality of academic programs. These awards will be tied to both the mission of the University of Illinois Springfield (providing every student with a premier educational experience, both in and out of the classroom) and the directional pillars of the UIS Strategic Compass (world-class teaching, personal attention, experience engaged, and liberal arts skilled) that are vital if we are to fully deliver on this mission.
The Faculty Academic Awards Commission will make recommendations to the Provost by the end of the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Dennis Papini, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs & Provost; Professor, Psychology; Commission Co-chair
- Beth Ribarsky, Associate Professor, Communication; Commission Co-chair
- Vickie Cook, Executive Director, Online, Professional, & Engaged Learning (OPEL); Research Professor, Educational Leadership
- Cecilia Cornell, Associate Vice Chancellor for Graduate Education; Associate Professor, History
- Richard Gilman-Opalsky, Professor, Political Science
- Betsy Goulet, Clinical Assistant Professor, Public Administration
- Andrea Jensen, Assistant Professor, Allied Health/Medical Laboratory Science
- Ranjan Karri, Professor, Management
- Ken Kriz, Distinguished Professor, Public Administration
- Jennifer Martin, Assistant Professor, Teacher Education
- John Martin, Associate Professor, Astronomy-Physics
- Layne Morsch, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Mike Murphy, Associate Professor, Women & Gender Studies
- Arnaldo Robles-Reyes, Visiting Assistant Professor, English & Modern Languages
- Tiffani Saunders, Lecturer, Sociology/Anthropology
- Donna Skowronski, Instructor, Management
- Bruce Sommer, Director of Economic Development & Innovation; Adjunct Instructor, Management
- Karen Swan, Distinguished Professor, Educational Leadership
- Jorge Villegas, CBM Associate Dean; Associate Professor, Business Administration
*Members were nominated by a colleague or self-nominated to serve on this working group.