University Courses – Adjunct Opportunities
The University of Illinois Springfield (UIS) routinely seeks competent, qualified professionals to teach on a per-course (adjunct) basis. In addition to regular disciplinary courses, UIS offers a variety of university (UNI) courses. UNI courses provide specialized knowledge and skills in academic areas that augment the established components of the UIS curriculum. Examples include UNI 101: First-Year Seminar, UNI 103: Academic Success Workshop, and UNI 301: ECCE Speaker Series. Depending on the course, these can be offered as on-ground or online courses, in fall, spring, or summer semester.
UNI courses are not discipline specific, and applications are invited from candidates with various educational backgrounds. The Office of Undergraduate Education encourages applications from ALL qualified candidates.
- Current adjunct opportunities: We are currently accepting applications for all UNI courses in the UNI Courses Adjunct Pool.
- Position Requirements: A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Link to Adjunct Application FAQs
- Application Part 1: Upload required application materials (please name documents as last name-first name-document type; example: Garcia-Amy-coverletter). To apply for the UNI Courses Adjunct Pool, applicants should submit the following documents:
- A concise letter of interest
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- A reference list of at least three professional references, one of whom is a recent direct supervisor
- Application Part 2: Submit optional EEO form
The program will follow up with applicants whose credentials and experience appear to be a match with their current needs; they may not have an opportunity to acknowledge all applications.
Individuals already in the UNI Courses Adjunct Pool need not reapply. Application materials are retained for three years. Applicants may update their materials at any time. Approval for other department adjunct pools at UIS does not qualify an applicant for the UNI Courses Adjunct Pool. Although applicants will receive a confirmation email when application documents have been successfully uploaded, they will not otherwise be contacted unless there is an upcoming instructional need.