Teacher Education – Adjunct opportunities
- View the program’s web page
- Adjunct opportunities in Teacher Education: Adjunct faculty in the Teacher Education department should hold at least a master’s degree in an area related to education or teacher education preparation, as well as an Illinois teaching certification in a content area aligned to the programs that UIS is approved to offer through the Illinois State Board of Education. Experience in teaching online is a plus.
- The UIS Department of Teacher Education offers approved licensure programs in the following areas:
- Elementary Grades 1-6
- Secondary Grades 9-12: English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, History, Political Science, Sociology/Anthropology
- Link to adjunct application FAQs
- Application Part 1: Submit required application materials to Teacher Education (please name documents as last name-first name-document type; example: Garcia-Amy-coverletter).
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- Application Part 2: Submit optional EEO form
The program will follow up with applicants whose credentials and experience appear to be a match with their current needs; they may not have an opportunity to acknowledge all applications.