Philosophy – Adjunct opportunities
- View the department’s web page
- Adjunct opportunities in Philosophy: The UIS Philosophy Department has a successful, mostly online undergraduate major, and we also offer graduate-level and general-education courses. The department occasionally has a need for adjunct faculty with a PhD in philosophy and whose expertise complements that of existing faculty. All areas of competence may be considered, and online teaching may be an option.
- Link to adjunct application FAQs
- Application Part 1: Submit required application materials (please use pdf format, and name documents as last name-first name-document type-YYYY-MO-DA; example: Garcia-Amy-coverletter-2018-6-8). If you do not have an email client installed on your computer, you can right-click the link above and choose “Copy Shortcut”. Paste the link in the “To:” line of your email and remove the “mailto:” prefix.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript(s)
- Application Part 2: Submit optional EEO form
The department will follow up with applicants whose credentials and experience appear to be a match with their current needs; they may not have an opportunity to acknowledge all applications.