Internships and Prior Learning – Adjunct Opportunities
- Read more about the Office of Engaged Learning (OEL) and the Internships and Prior Learning (IPL) Program.
- Current adjunct opportunities in the Internships and Prior Learning program: The Office of Engaged Learning has occasional opportunities for adjunct instructors to teach and facilitate IPL courses under the supervision of the OEL Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Coordinator. Students earn credit by completing an internship (IPL 300) or project (IPL 301) course concurrently with a field experience, or as a service learning experience.
- Position Requirements:
- Master’s degree;
- Minimum 2 years full-time work and previous teaching in a higher education setting with demonstrated pedagogical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver content that is student-centered and actively engages students with diverse interests and needs;
- Knowledge of career, professional development, experiential learning, workplace trends, and/or service learning best practices.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience teaching in a hybrid and/or fully online classroom at the collegiate level;
- Experience leveraging educational technology tools and learning management systems.
- Link to Adjunct Application FAQs
- Application Part 1: Upload required IPL adjunct application materials to Office of Engaged Learning (please name documents as last name-first name-document type; example: Garcia-Amy-coverletter).
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript(s)
The program will follow up with applicants whose credentials and experience appear to be a match with their current needs; they may not have an opportunity to acknowledge all applications.