Biology – Adjunct opportunities
- View the department’s web page
- Adjunct opportunities in Biology: The Department of Biology will occasionally hire well-qualified adjuncts to teach the following courses:
- BIO 106/107 Environmental Biology/Lab. This general education course for non-majors examines ecological principles in relation to environmental problems. It emphasizes current environmental issues and possible solutions and courses of action. Instructors must have a graduate degree in a biological science field.
- BIO 201 and BIO 202 Basics of Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II. This is a two semester sequence of courses that both fulfills general education requirements and is for students seeking allied health careers (e.g., nursing, exercise science, clinical lab science). Each course has separate lecture and lab, which can be staffed separately. Instructors must have a graduate degree in a biological science field.
- BIO 361 Comparative Vertebrate Biology. This is a study of the evolutionary origins, embryological development, and functional anatomy of the vertebrates. Interrelatedness of form and function is stressed. The lecture and lab can be staffed separately. Instructors must have a graduate degree in a biological science field and experience with dissection of vertebrates.
- BIO 429/481 and 431/482 Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II/Labs. This is a two semester sequence of courses. The first focuses on integumentary, skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems; the second follows with the endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive systems. The lecture and lab can be staffed separately. Instructors must have a graduate degree, doctorate preferred, in a biological science field.
- Link to adjunct application FAQs
- Application Part 1: Submit required application materials to Biology (please name documents as last name-first name-document type; example: Garcia-Amy-coverletter).
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript(s). If you will be uploading more than one transcript, please number them (for example: transcript 1, transcript 2)
- Application Part 2: Submit optional EEO form
The program will follow up with applicants whose credentials and experience appear to be a match with their current needs; they may not have an opportunity to acknowledge all applications.