UIS Service Organizations
The Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center works with many different Student Service Organizations. Below is a list of service organizations at UIS along with the presidents’ contact information. This is not an exhaustive list, rather these are some active organizations that we work with regularly.
Alternative Spring Break
- Alternative Spring Break at UIS coordinates a week-long service experience that takes place during Spring Recess, usually in mid-March. Students travel off-campus and have the opportunity to make an impact with a national reach. Learn more about ASB here.
American Red Cross at UIS
- The American Red Cross Club at UIS works with the American Red Cross in Springfield on various service opportunities including their meals on wheels program, disaster response training, and educating community members on disaster preparedness.
Black Male Collegiate Society
- Justin Rose, email@example.com
- BMCS seeks to improve the image of the black males. BMCS executes this plan through scholastic achievement, professional development, spirituality, financial planning, cultural awareness, health awareness, and community and civic engagement.
Christian Student Fellowship
- CSF Website
- Christian Student Fellowship is a campus ministry at the University of Illinois Springfield founded in 1993 at then “Sangamon State University”. CSF exists to help students find their way back to God. We desire to mobilize students to impact their campus and change the world for Christ.
Habitat for Humanity at UIS
- Abbie Varble, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Habitat for Humanity is a national nonprofit organization with the goal of providing affordable decent housing to those in need. Habitat for Humanity at UIS is volunteer based student organization in which students participate in the actual construction of the houses, as well as serve as ambassadors and fund raisers for Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County.