State and University Employees Combined Appeal
SECA is a once-a-year voluntary campaign that allows state and university employees to donate to the charitable causes of their choice to enhance the quality of life for all. SECA supports 12 federations: America’s Best Charities, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, America’s Charities, Black United Fund, Community Health Charities, Community Shares, EarthShare, Global Impact, Special Olympics, United Negro College Fund and United Way.
The campaign kicks off on September 23, 2020 and concludes on November 18, 2020.
Use the link below to find a listing of the nearly 1,500 local, state, national and international charities that are participating in this year’s campaign, along with a brief description of the services provided by these individual agencies.
For questions about the SECA campaign, please contact Erica Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A $20 donation per pay period will help fund research to identify the chemicals in air pollution that are linked to birth defects, lung cancer and leukemia.
- A $25 donation per pay period will help create an electronic copy of a research report and make it available to environmental professionals and citizens around the world.
- A $50 donation per pay period can sponsor two classes of 15 students from underprivileged areas to a day at the zoo to see spectacular wildlife firsthand, and to gain an insight into the importance of protecting wildlife and their habitats.
- A $75 donation per pay period will purchase an elephant radio collar to be used for research in Kenya, Tanzania, and the Kazungula Heartland where elephant populations are threatened and require monitoring.
The 2020 UIS Committee:
- Ann Gemberling
- Jackie Gillock
- Amie Kincaid
- Steve Marvel
- Pam McGowan
- Erica Michael
- Denise Rothenbach
- Aaron Stewart
The 12 participating charities:
- American Cancer Society
- America’s Charities
- American Heart Association
- Black United Fund of Illinois
- Community Health Charities
- Community Shares of Illinois
- Earth Share of Illinois
- Global Impact
- Independent Charities of America
- Special Olympics Illinois
- United Negro College Fund
- United Way