Overview of Online Degrees
The College of Business and Management offers the following degrees online:
- UIS Bachelor of Business Administration in Management program ranked #3 in the U.S. by AffordableColleges.com In a review of schools across the nation, UIS’s program stood out in both quality and affordability. The rankings are creating using AffordableColleges.com’s Value Score, which measures crucial metrics such as financial aid availability, student retention, graduation rates, and more to determine academic excellence.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UIS online programs #54 in the nation.
- UIS Online BBA ranked 8th among Best Online Colleges: Business Management, and UIS Online ranked #1 by Affordable Colleges Online for 2016. The Online BBA is recognized for offering notable balances of academic rigor, student support, and affordability of online learning, and UIS faculty are recognized overall for their academic credentials and preparation for teaching online.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UIS online programs among the top 20 best in the nation.
- Press Release: U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORTS GIVES UIS ONLINE BACHELOR’S AND GRADUATE BUSINESS PROGRAMS HIGH MARKS In its 2013 rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranks the University of Illinois Springfield 83rd among the 100 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs nationwide and 16th among the Best Online Graduate Business programs. Read more
- U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT RANKS UIS SECOND AMONG PUBLIC REGIONAL UNIVERSITIES IN THE MIDWEST!
U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 Edition of America’s Best Colleges ranks the University of Illinois Springfield second among public regional universities in the Midwest, a two spot increase from the 2012 rankings when UIS was fourth. For the fifth straight year, UIS is ranked as the top regional public university in Illinois.
- UIS Makes Annual List of Best Colleges for the fourth consecutive year! U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 Edition of America’s Best Colleges ranks the University of Illinois Springfield as the top regional public university in the state of Illinois and the fourth best public university in that category in the entire Midwest. This is the fourth straight year that UIS has achieved those rankings.
- The UIS Online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program ranked fourth on a national list of the Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree Programs of 2011.The ranking was conducted by the website The Best Colleges, which uses publicly available data to evaluate programs according to several different criteria, including reputation, accreditation, student satisfaction, and cost. The ranking can be found at: http://www.thebestcolleges.org/top-online-bachelor-business-admin/
- Dr. Laurel Newman, Director of Online Programs in the College of Business and Management, was honored with the Oakley Distinguished Online Teaching Award during UIS’ annual Faculty Honors and Recognition Reception. Read More.
- UIS Wins National Honors in Online Education UIS receives the inaugural Ralph E. Gomory Award for Quality Online Education Awarded by the Sloan Consortium
- National Public Radio comes to UIS to learn about online education. “Compared with the campuses in Chicago and Urbana-Champaign, Springfield is a tiny outpost on the prairie. But when it comes to online education, this school is a titan.” Read more or listen to the broadcast.
- University of Illinois Springfield made U.S. News and World Report’s annual list of America’s Best Colleges for the second straight year. Read more.
- UIS approved for membership in COPLAC
UIS has been unanimously approved for membership in the distinguished Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC). The vote places UIS among a select group of 25 public liberal arts institutions representing 23 states and one Canadian province. Read more.