Submit the following documents to the WMY Program.
- A complete WMY Application — 2014-2015.
- A 500-700 word essay in which you discuss one academic success and one difficult academic challenge you faced as an undergraduate student. Address how these experiences helped to prepare you for graduate study at UIS and for possible participation as a WMY Fellow.
- A current resume.
- A statement of educational goals.
- Three current letters of reference (dated no older than one year). At least two of these references must be from professors or academic advisors familiar with your academic performance. (If it has been several years since your last enrollment as a college student, please contact the WMY Fellowship Program Office to discuss your situation.) A reference form (doc) is available which may be used by your selected reference, or the letter may be submitted on letterhead. In all cases, the reference letter must be signed and must be submitted via either email or mail by the selected reference. Letters will not be accepted if they are submitted by the applicant.
- Official undergraduate transcripts and, if applicable, official graduate transcripts from all colleges or universities which you have attended. (NOTE: These documents must be submitted to the UIS Office of Admissions, and copies will be requested by the WMY Program Office.)
Please note that all of the above listed documents must be on file with the WMY Fellowship Program before your file is considered complete and is eligible to be reviewed for consideration.
The annual application deadline date is March 1st.