YouPay is an online Shopping Cart system developed by the UIS Office of Web Services (OWS) in the fall of 2009.
YouPay works with the University of Illinois iPay system and allows you to process online credit card transactions on your department website.
- We developed YouPay in a template form, so it is easy and fast for us to create new instances for new users.
- Download the complete procedures for setting up a YouPay Shopping Cart (pdf)
How YouPay Works
- In order for your department to process online credit card transactions, you need to submit an application for an account in iPay, the University of Illinois credit card processing
system managed by OBFS. [Download the complete procedures]
- Also, your fiscal officer will need to set up an account where the payments will be received.
- Once your accounts are set up, the OBFS department will give OWS the necessary processing-related information to create a YouPay shopping cart for your department website.
- Once we set up your shopping cart, we will place a button on your website that takes users to the cart.
- We will also give you access to an Administration Panel, where you can monitor transactions. You will use this panel for any issues related to a customer complaint. You can also copy and save address, email and phone info from customers for your mailing and contact lists.
To date, OWS has created three online shopping carts:
- Two separate conference registration carts for the BAM Center for Business and Regulation.
- A registration cart for the Illinois Issues Gove dinner.