Remember Web Page Counters?
We don’t really use “counters” anymore. We now use a sophisticated system called Analytics. We have special code on all of our department WordPress websites, and can look at some amazing data about visitors and the sources of their visits.
We have a way for campus website Editors to view statistics for their websites. To view web statistics for your WordPress website:
- Log into WordPress with your netID and password.
- Choose your website from the list of My Sites in the top left corner.
- In the Analytics section on your Dashboard, choose a date range from the dropdown menus.
- Choose the Submit button.
Here is the data you will see:
A list of the pages in your website; and for each of those pages:
- URL: The Web address of the page.
- Page Views: The total number of times the page was viewed (including the same person viewing the page more than one time).
- Unique Page Views: The number of times the page was viewed by a different person or different computer.
- Avg Time on Page: The average amount of time a person spends on that page.
If you have any questions, please let us know.