If you have a photo to submit to be considered for use in a campus print or electronic publication, please read the guidelines below.
- Upon submission of your photo, you are giving the University of Illinois permission to use your photo on websites, and in any U of I publishing medium, without byline or credit.
- We hope to make use of as many submissions as possible, but there are no guarantees that a photo will be accepted, or that it will appear in a particular publication, or that your caption will be used, or that your name will be credited. We will credit photos whenever possible, but in some cases a credit may not appear.
- You should be prepared to submit Model Release forms for any photo that clearly identifies a person (or in some cases, a place). You may download model and premises release forms here.
About the Photographs:
- Only digital submissions will be accepted.
- The image resolution of the photo must be a minimum of 72 pixels per inch, and a minimum of 600 pixels high and 600 pixels wide.
- Photos should stand alone, and tell a story of UIS people, places, and/or things. We prefer that the photos be taken on campus, though exceptions are made for graduates working in professional careers, sporting events, online students, Peoria students, study abroad students, etc.
- The general categories of photos we prefer are: Life at UIS; Academics; Faculty and Staff; Students; Cultural Groups; Current Events, including UIS ties to regional, national and global events.
How to Submit:
- Send an email to the address at the bottom of this page.
- Attach only one photo per email.
- Include the following: Your Name; Your Affiliation with UIS; Your Email Address and Phone Number.
- Also include: 25 words or less about the photo to be used as a caption.
- Attach a photo and send the email to: