- When: Thursday evening, April 11, and Friday, April 12, 2013.
- Who: All students (graduate and undergraduate) involved in research or creative works. You can elect to give a short oral presentation, a poster presentation, art exhibition, or performance of your work.
- Early Registration: The deadline for early abstracts and online registration is Friday, December 14, 2012, at 5:00 p.m. All posters submitted by this deadline will be paid for by StARS.
- General Registration: General registration will continue until Friday, February 15, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. Abstracts will be accepted as space allows.
- Questions? Contact
- Symposium Keynote Speakers
Mary Jo Bang is the author of six books of poems, including The Bride of E (2009) and Elegy (2007), which received the National Book Critics Circle Award. Her translation of Dante’s Inferno, with illustrations by Henrik Drescher, was published by Graywolf Press in 2012. She teaches at Washington University in St. Louis.
Ryan Ewing is an Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Alabama. He is currently exploring the surface of Mars with the NASA Curiosity team. Dr. Ewing studies how wind shapes planetary surfaces and how the resulting geomorphic record is archived in ancient rocks.