Ask a Student
Undergraduate research, scholarly and creative activities are a great way for you to integrate what you’ve learned in the classroom by applying it to a real-life situation and coming up with an original solution.
At UIS, students work closely with faculty to conduct their own research projects.
How to do an undergraduate research project:
- Talk with your faculty advisor
- Enroll in a research methods course
- Expand a term paper into a thesis
- Apply for an research internship
- Reflect on your art show or music/theater performance
- Present at the annual Student Arts & Research Symposium (StARS)