Academic Skills Overview
Through our Academic Skills resources, we provide assistance to all students with strategies to improve their studying and test-taking skills in any course. We will offer workshops, requested in-class presentations, and one-to-one tutoring by appointment.
Academic Skills Videos
These videos were created and recorded by our very own Brady Sullivan,
who was our Academic Skills TA for three years.
Academic Skills Handouts
These handouts were created by our very own Erin Tomasino, our new Academic Skills TA as of the Spring 2015 semester! Please feel free to contact us if there is any topic you would wish to see as a handout, and you can also make a one-to-one appointment with Erin to go over the handouts or any other questions you may have.
Other Great Resources about Testing/Studying Tips:
- Dartmouth Academic Skills Center
- Clemson College Survival Skills
- Test Taking Tips
- Videos for Test Taking Strategies
- All School Guide
- 24-hour calculator
- Learning style survey
- Online Timer (to use in lieu of Pomodoro app)
- Cornell Notes Example and Downloadable Template
- Mind-mapping Example
- Tips for Making and Following a Study Schedule
- The Complete Test Preparation Website