The Learning Hub Policies
The Learning Hub operates on a check system. Students receive checks for missed, cancelled, or rescheduled appointments according to the policies below. If a student earns 9 checks in a semester, he or she will be limited to making same-day appointments or seeing a tutor on a walk-in basis.
Cancelling and Rescheduling Appointments
Please cancel or reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time to avoid penalty.
- If you cancel or reschedule your appointment more than one hour prior, you will receive 1 check.
- If you cancel or reschedule your appointment less than one hour prior, you will receive 3 checks.
If you fail to show up for your appointment, you will receive 3 checks.
If you earn 9 checks in a semester, you will only be able to make same-day scheduled appointments, or see a tutor on a walk-in basis. This policy is strictly enforced.
If you are more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, The Learning Hub staff reserves the right to refuse services and to ask you to reschedule your appointment.
To meet with a Math Tutor:
Students are limited to two, one-hour appointments per week, per class.
To meet with a Tutor from another discipline (writing, accounting, economics, science, academic skills):
Students are limited to one, one-hour appointment per week, per class.
Additional appointments may be made only with the approval of The Learning Hub’s Specialists. If The Learning Hub is experiencing a high volume of student appointments, additional approved appointments can only be made up to one day in advance.
Graduate and doctoral students seeking assistance with theses and dissertations will be assisted by our Writing Specialist.
If emailing us for an appointment, please use your official UIS email address, as we only communicate with students via UIS email.
- All cell phones must be stored in backpacks or purses while using Hub services. This includes appointments, workshops, SI, and supervised study time.
- If you do not have a backpack or purse with you, you may leave your cell phone (powered off) at the front desk.
- If we catch you with your phone out while using any of our Hub services, we reserve the right to end your appointment, or ask you to leave the workshop, SI session, or supervised study.
The Learning Hub reserves the right to end any tutoring session in which the tutee is not fully utilizing The Learning Hub’s resources.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Students bringing in unattempted homework, which causes the tutor to sit there as the student reviews the assignment.
- Students not actively participating in their appointment.
- Students arriving significantly late for their appointment without prior notification.
- Students acting disrespectful toward tutors, students, or property of The Learning Hub.
The tutor has the right to refuse to count the visit as a Required Learning Hub Visit.
- You must be actively studying.
- You cannot be on any websites or applications that are not related to your coursework.
- You may listen to music if it is on your computer and if you are wearing headphones and listening at a level that is not disruptive to others. However, it cannot take your full attention.
- You may not use the couches for supervised study time – only the tables and desk chairs.
- If you are using a laptop, you must sit so that any Hub staff member can see your screen when they walk by.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will result in you being asked to leave the supervised study. Further infractions will result in you not being allowed to use The Learning Hub for your supervised study hours.
- Hours must be approved in advance by Nicole Hager.
The Learning Hub will not complete student assignments
- Tutors will assist by asking and answering appropriate questions, but tutors will not, under any circumstance, assist with take-home quizzes, exams, or extra credit.
The Learning Hub is not an editing service
- Tutors will not simply check/correct your grammar; please do not expect us to fix your papers for you.