The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub offers free academic support services to currently enrolled UIS students. Through a peer tutoring program, The Hub offers one-to-one appointments—both in-person and online—in writing, math, accounting, economics, science, and academic skills. In addition to peer tutoring, The Hub offers supplemental instruction; online, on-ground, and in-class workshops; walk-in writing assistance; and additional support materials hosted on our website.
We invite you to visit us and receive help from students like you and caring faculty in a supportive learning environment. We provide continued support and dedication to your academic success!
- Writing Web Series Now Live! Tune in for Web Series Wednesdays!
- Fall 2016 Academic Skills and Writing Workshops Announced!
- Brookens Writing Walk-In Hours, Tuesdays 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Founders Residence Hall Writing Walk-In Hours, Wednesdays 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- New Writing Handouts Now Available!
- Fall 2016: Review Our Updated Policies
- Effective Fall 2015: The Learning Hub Will No Longer Proctor Exams
About The Learning Hub
- The Learning Hub Mission Statement
- Current Tutoring Staff
- Where Are They Now: CTL/Learning Hub Alumni
- How to Make an Appointment
- The Learning Hub Policies
- Student Questionnaire: First Time Visitors (feedback for appointments and workshops only)
- Student Questionnaire: Repeat Visitors (feedback for appointments and workshops only)
- Supplemental Instruction
- Learning Hub FAQ
- Online Tutoring
- The Center for Academic Success
- Academic Integrity Video
- English as a Second Language
Fall Semester Hours
Monday—Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Brookens 462 (classroom side of Brookens Library)
- Hub Services Syllabus Statement
- Faculty Development Office
- The Learning Hub Writing Center Liaison Project
- Writing Resources