- THE 273: Principles of Acting
Principles of Acting is an exploratory and performance-oriented class where students learn:
- the fundamentals of acting
- how to create exciting characters
- how to prepare for stage-performance.
- THE 274: Introduction to Theatre
This introduction to theatre course is a survey and analysis of:
- dramatic forms
- significant genres
- historical periods, plays, playwrights, and other artists of the theatre
- THE 308: Principles of Theatre Design
An introduction to the various design elements and processes involved in scenic, lighting and costume design for the stage.
- THE 320: Topics in Dramatic Literature
A survey and investigation of the dramatic texts of a particular:
- social grouping
- ethnic tradition
- THE 323: Voice & Movement
- A comprehensive exploration and development of the actor’s instrument. Students further develop their emotional, physical, and vocal responsiveness to a variety of situations in scene work for the stage.
- THE 373: Intermediate Acting
A more in-depth continuation of the concepts studied in