Involvement in campus organizations is an important part of your complete educational experience at UIS.
Student organizations offer social, service, and professional opportunities for their members within the university and community. Membership can broaden acquaintances, develop leadership ability, build decision-making and problem-solving skills, and complement classroom instruction.
- To see a a current list of Registered Student Organizations with descriptions, websites, and contact information click here.
All organizations MUST renew their registration for 2014-2015 school year! Registration includes the following:
- Student Organization Registration/Renewal Form (PDF)
- Mandatory Orientation/SOFA Workshops – You can check out the dates that are being offered here. Please stop by, email or call the SOC office at 206-4762 to schedule your organization’s orientation date.
- An up-to-date organization constitution (constitution example). The Constitution must must be current within the last five years.
The Office of Student Life can assist you with the following:
- Starting an organization
- Program and event development
- Individual and group problem solving
- Leadership development
- Membership recruitment
- Fundraising suggestions
- Referrals to additional campus and community resources
- SOFA Requests and Reports