Student Center Policies
- Only students with valid UIS I-Cards are allowed to check out equipment. We cannot accept any other form of I.D.
- Only one set of equipment can be checked out per UIS I-Card.
- Only a Student Center Attendant is allowed to remove game equipment or place it back in the drawers.
- Please return all gaming equipment to the attendant five minutes before close.
- No sitting on the gaming equipment
- The pool tables are not allowed to be moved. If an indivudal or organization moves the one or both tables there will be a $200 fee.
- No food can be served off of the gaming equipment. The only exception is when the pool table insert is used and the cover is on.
- The Student Center is designed for UIS student use. Guests may utilize the Student Center as long as they are escorted by a UIS student/staff. If a UIS student chooses to check out equipment for their guest the student is responsible for the equipment.
- If a guest is using a computer/gaming area and a student wishes to use that area the student takes precedent.
- Children must be 12 or older to use the Student Center computers.
Event Reservation Policies
- The Student Center can be reserved for student events. Submit your request online at Student life forms.
- If the event time proposed is after normal business hours the request must be submitted 4 weeks in advance.
- Events held in the Student Center must be open to all UIS students.
- For events that take place after normally scheduled student center hours an hourly attendant fee may be assessed ($15/hour for student organizations, $30/campus departments).
- All events taking place in the Student Center will be required to set up a preliminary meeting with the Assistant Director of Student Life or designee to discuss the event.
- Organizations are required to clean up after themselves. This includes removing all the materials and food product. The Student Center staff will take care of wiping down the tables and the floor area. Organizations can alter the set up of the Student Center, but it must be returned once the event is complete. Failure to comply may result in charges.
- The Student Center can not be reserved for personal use or non-UIS events (ie graduation parties).
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the Student Center.
- Only Student Center staff members are allowed behind the counter.
- Student Center Attendants have the right to ask a member to leave the Student Center. Failure to comply with the requests of a staff member may result in judicial action or police involvement.
- The Student Center does not provide change without a purchase.
- Animals are not permitted in the Student Center. It is unhealthy to have animals near food preparation. Guide dogs are the only exception to this policy.
- Any activity on campus undertaken for the purpose of sales, sales promotion or political canvassing is strictly prohibited without authorization from the Assistant Director of Student Life.