SOCIAL JUSTICE SERIES
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. More topics can be found at: http://www.ted.com/topics
A collection of TED Talks (and more) on the topic of social change.
- Photojournalism up close – http://www.ted.com/playlists/72/close_up_and_personal -Talks from photographers who use their art to fight for social justice.
- The pursuit of justice – http://www.ted.com/playlists/15/the_pursuit_of_justice –Behold, courage. These speakers have the fortitude to stand up to some of the world’s greatest injustices.
- Freedom rising – http://www.ted.com/playlists/12/freedom_rising –From the Arab Spring to the emerging democracies of Eastern Europe, a new generation of freedom fighters — entrepreneurs, journalists, activists — shares powerful stories of resistance against dictatorships and oppression.
Social Good, Inc. – http://www.ted.com/playlists/139/social_good_inc –
Businesses have the resources to make contributions to the collective good. Here, TED Talks on what can happen when corporations make saving the environment and helping people a priority, plus talks on how business principles might even be more effective for creating change than non-profit models.
Talks about Social change –
- Jenni Chang and Lisa Dazols – This is what LGBT life is like around the world – Posted Nov 2015 – 11:50
- Melissa Fleming – A boat carrying 500 refugees sunk at sea. The story of two survivors – Posted Nov 2015 – 19:15
- Hilary Cottam – Social services are broken. How we can fix them – Posted Oct 2015 – 16:55
- Billie Jean King – This tennis icon paved the way for women in sports – Posted Sep 2015 – 16:05
- LaToya Ruby Frazier – A visual history of inequality in industrial America – Posted Jun 2015 – 18:03
- Jeffrey Brown – How we cut youth violence in Boston by 79 percent – Posted May 2015
- Clint Smith – How to raise a black son in America – Posted Apr 2015
- Kailash Satyarthi – How to make peace? Get angry – Posted Apr 2015 – 18:29
- Ismael Nazario – What I learned as a kid in jail – Posted Mar 2015 – 11:23
- James A. White Sr. – The little problem I had renting a house – Posted Feb 2015 – 13:53
- Zeynep Tufekci – Online social change: easy to organize, hard to win – Posted Feb 2015 – 16:14
- Morgana Bailey – The danger of hiding who you are – Posted Jan 2015 – 10:22
- Mundano – Pimp my … trash cart? – Posted Dec 2014
- Vernā Myers – How to overcome our biases? Walk boldly toward them – Posted Dec 2014 – 17:49
- Oren Yakobovich – Hidden cameras that film injustice in the world’s most dangerous places – Posted Dec 2014 – 14:35
- Sally Kohn – Don’t like clickbait? Don’t click – Posted Aug 2014