List of Major SSU/UIS Planning Documents
- 1992 Toward 2000: The university’s first full strategic planning document. The Mission Statement in this document is still in use.
- 1995 – 1997 Development Planning Committee: Focusing mostly on academic issues, the DPC spent two years developing a comprehensive plan for UIS after it became the third campus of the University of Illinois in 1995. The UIS Vision Statement (1996) developed during this process is still in use today.
- 2000 Campus Master Plan: Developed a long-range infrastructure plan and continued to focus on academic matters.
- 2001 NCA Focused Visit Report: University of Illinois at Springfield, February 12-13, 2001.Chapter II is entitled “Strategic Planning at UIS.”
- 2003 National Commission on the Future of UIS: This was a visioning process in which nearly 200 people crafted visions on 13 different topics – envisioning what UIS aspires to be in 10 years, in 2013. Its final document is A Vision for All Seasons.