Fun Stuff: Widgets, Screensavers, Mobile content, Google Earth, and more!
Jump into the sandbox and play with some fun stuff created by the Office of Web Services.
Did you know the University has an app for smartphones?
Included are news items, calendar items, announcements, and important campus phone numbers - just click to make a call.
- If you have a smartphone:
When you browse to the UIS website from a smartphone, a pop-up message
allows you to choose to install the UIS Web App.
- If you have a basic cell phone:
If your cell phone has a basic web browser, go to the UIS
website. At the top of the screen notice the link, "Mobile
on the link to go to the text-based mobile site. This is helpful if
you do not have a robust cell phone web browser.
Need help finding your way around campus?
Our Google map marks main buildings and includes info, photos, links and video:
Do you use Google Earth?
Put campus buildings on Google Earth
How to view Illinois Springfield campus buildings from the .zip file:
- Unzip the buildings file and save it to your desktop.
- Open Google Earth and choose File > Open
- Select the buildings folder on your desktop and choose Open.
- Allow the buildings to load for a few seconds, then zoom, scroll, rotate and fly around campus for your own personalized tour.
Want to put Illinois Springfield on your desktop?
Our screensaver features classic images from the people and places on campus.
Looking forward to graduation?
Get the UIS Graduation Countdown widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox!
Back to Top