Fall 2014 Move-In Schedule
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 – 9:00-11:00 AM
- First Year Founders Residents Assigned to Rooms 105-131 & 339-355
- First Year Lincoln Residents Assigned to Rooms 115-122 & 300-322
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 – 11:00-1:00 PM
- First Year Founders Residents Assigned to Rooms 205-231 & 305-331
- First Year Lincoln Residents Assigned to Rooms 128-147 & 200-222
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 – 1:00-3:00 PM
- First Year Founders Residents Assigned to Rooms 239-255
- First Year Lincoln Residents Assigned to Rooms 224-240 & 324-340
Check-In for each residence hall will be at the front desk of Founders and Lincoln Residence Halls, respectively on Move-In Day. Those students approved, in advance, for early arrival (prior to Freshmen Move-In Day) will need to report to the Homer Butler Housing Commons (HCOM) to check-in at the Residence Life Office.
Students assigned to Founders or Lincoln Residence Halls arriving after their designated Move-In Days will need to report to the front desk of their assigned buildings to check-in.
Friday, August 22, 2014 – 9:00-11:00 AM
- West Campus Townhouses – Pennyroyal Court Units 1-24 & Marigold Court Units 1-18*
- East Campus Apartments – Bluebell Court Units**
Friday, August 22, 2014 – 11:00-1:00 PM
- West Campus Townhouses – Marigold Court Units 19-24 & Trillium Court*
- East Campus Apartments – Clover Court & Larkspur 220 Building**
Friday, August 22, 2014 – 1:00-3:00 PM
- West Campus Townhouses – Foxglove Court*
- East Campus Apartments – Larkspur 240-280 Buildings**
Driving Directions & Parking Information for Move-In Day:
*Check-in for all West Campus Townhouses (Pennyroyal, Marigold, Trillium, Foxglove) will occur in Foxglove 12. Those students approved, in advance, for early arrival (prior to Upperclassmen Move-In Day) will need to report to the Homer Butler Housing Commons (HCOM) to check-in at the Residence Life Office.
**Check-in for all East Campus Apartments (Bluebell, Clover, Sunflower, Larkspur) will take place in Homer Butler Housing Commons (HCOM). Those students approved, in advance, for early arrival (prior to Upperclassmen Move-In Day) will need to report to the Homer Butler Housing Commons (HCOM) to check-in at the Residence Life Office.
Upperclass and Graduate Students arriving after their designated Move-In Day will need to report to the Homer Butler Housing Commons (HCOM) to check-in.
During the check-in process you will:
- Sign your Contract, if you are moving into a new space for the first time this year.
- Sign your Inventory sheet, stating the conditions are accurate. All students have 24 hours to contact their Resident Director via email with any conditions that are not stated on the inventory. This is used at time of move-out to determine charges.
- East Apartments and Townhouses: (217) 206-6190
- LRH (Lincoln Residence Hall): (217) 206-6200
- Founders Hall: (217) 206-8474
Status of Opening Work Orders and Maintenance
It has truly been a busy summer in the Department of Residence Life. As our maintenance department continues to work diligently to address all maintenance related issues, we would like to let all of our students know that some work on projects may extend into the Fall 2014 semester. We ask that when you arrive, if a project is noted on your inventory or by your RA as in progress, or in the queue to be addressed, that you are aware that our maintenance staff will be addressing those issues as soon as possible. We typically address issues on the basis of urgency with safety, security, and basic life functions ranked at the highest priority first, with other concerns after those have been remedied. We thank you for your patience. If you should have any questions regarding the status of your work order, please contact your Resident Director for follow-up.
Request Permission to Arrive Early – Fall 2014:
The Department of Residence Life requests that any resident wishing to arrival early to campus for Fall 2014 review the information below. No requests are approved to arrive earlier than Friday, August 15, 2014 at 9am.
Fall 2014 housing opens for freshmen on August 20, 2014 and opens for upperclassmen on August 22, 2014. Prior to these dates, the buildings are not fully staffed and thus cannot provide the safety and security operations necessary to physically open early. Additionally, some buildings may not be ready for the early arrival process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student’s room/building is impacted by these summer projects then they will not be approved for these reasons.
Individual requests will not be reviewed until July 14, 2014. Once requests are reviewed beginning July 14, 2014 there will be five working days for residence life staff to respond to requests. Students will receive decision notifications of their submitted requests starting July 19, 2014. Requests will be responded to by email. The deadline to receive requests will be 8:00 am, July 31, 2014. Students that are approved for early arrival will be held accountable for policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract and may be removed from early arrival housing if violation of the contract occurs. There is a daily charge of $25 for the student to move in early to their residence hall or apartment.
***Please note all Residence Life policies (including visitation and no guests) are still in effect during the Early Arrival period.