Information for Parents
Welcome Parents and Families!
We hope you feel good about the investment you and your student made in choosing the University of Illinois Springfield.
- Take a virtual tour of our living spaces.
- Learn about our Residence Life options.
- Meet our staff.
- Need to purchase bedding, bathroom, or decor to decorate your student’s room or apartment? Or maybe you’d like to send them a care package? Check-out the Resident Housing Association’s Linens Project. Purchases through the Linens Project page benefits on-campus programming and advocacy through the Resident Housing Association.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Important Dates
- “CLINK “ – Articles written for parents (pdf)
- Student Health 101 – More articles written for parents about health issues
Safety and Security
- Did you know that Illinois Springfield is one of the safest universities in Illinois, if not the United States? Don’t just take our wordfor it, view the UIS Crime Statistics. And learn more about our campus and programs.
- Residential Addresses – See what your child’s address is on campus.
- Residence Life Policies – Our policies and services
- Off-campus Apartments - Additional housing resources.
- View information about Meal Plans and Campus Cash
- Questions? Call the Residence Life Office between 9 am and 5 pm, Central Time.
- Housing Commons (Main Office) Hours of Operation
- Rates – View our current Residence Life rates for each residential unit.
- What should our student bring? (pdf)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – Find out more about how to limit the access to your UIS records. Follow the link at the bottom and fill out the form.
- Parking – Obtain a parking Hang Tag for parking on the UIS campus.
- Springfield Mass Transit – Provides bus service between downtown, the main campus, housing, and Lincoln Land Community College.
- Springfield Amtrak Station – The train allows for fairly inexpensive travel to many places including St. Louis and Chicago.
- Sign up to Visit UIS!
College Parents of America
- Finding a College
- Savings Plans
- Campus Life and Issues
- Health and Safety
- Financial Aid and Scholarships