Resident Assistant Application and Selection Process
The Department of Residence Life Presents BRAnch Out: RA Selection 2017-2018
- Candidate Resource Packet 2017-2018 (pdf) – Contains important information on qualifications, application & interview timeline.
- Current RA Selection Timeline – Review all important deadlines and dates associated with the application and interview process.
- RA Application – Must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Monday, 2/6/2017. When completing the RA Application, applicants must upload a cover letter and current resume. Instructions: Students will need to log into UIS Connection when applying.
- Schedule Your Individual Interview – Must be scheduled online no later than February 8, 2016 – Interviews will take place February 20-24, 2017.
- References – Must be submitted online no later than 11:59pm on Friday, 2/10/16, and must meet the following criteria:
- Solicit one reference from an on-campus partner chosen from the following list: current or past Resident Assistant (RA), peer mentor from an LLC (L4L, Cap Honors, Necessary Steps, STARS, Pre-Nursing Pathway, etc), or a Student Organization President
- Solicit one reference from a previous employer or a UIS faculty or staff member
- (Please note, applicants who submit falsified reference forms will be removed from consideration for the RA position.
- RA Group Process Interview & Position Overview – Block off your calendar for Friday, February 17 from 4-6pm. All candidates must attend this meeting & interview event.
Once the Department of Residence Life receives an RA Application, Individual Interview Scheduling Request, reference as defined, and attends the Group Process Interview/Position Overview, a candidate will be considered “active” for consideration.
Failure to complete any portion of the application or interview process according to the established deadlines may result in a candidate being withdrawn from consideration.
Please email Joshua Starks, Resident Director of Lincoln Residence Hall for questions about the process, or for any assistance that you may require.