UIS Housing operates separately from admission to UIS, so students MUST contact the Housing Office to apply for or change their housing contract.
The UIS housing contract is a legally binding contractual agreement, and should be considered a commitment for both the fall and spring semesters.
- The contracts dates run from the beginning of the fall semester to the end of the spring semester.
- There is a separate contract for summer.
Deadlines for Cancelling or Modifying Housing Applications and Contracts
Current residents MUST modify housing contracts before the dates shown below or you will be charged for placement in housing.
- Fall Semester – June 30
- Spring Semester – November 30
- Summer Semester – April 30
- Prospective Residents may apply for UIS housing anytime regardless of the above dates.