Vehicle preparedness and safety…
- Plan your travel and check the latest forecasts. Avoid winter storms whenever possible.
- Check and winterize your vehicle before starting your travel.
- Let someone know your timetable and your primary and alternate travel routes.
- Keep your gas tank near full to prevent ice from forming in the fuel lines.
- If you encounter sleet or freezing rain, drive extremely cautiously. Even four-wheel drive vehicles will have difficulty on icy roads.
- If you are planning travel into an area which experiences significant winter storms, carry a winter storm survival kit including blankets, flashlight, high-calorie snack foods, sand, a tow rope, booster cables, and a water container.
Source: Glen Dale VFD