Residents must properly complete a move-out at the time they vacate any student housing unit and any time they move into a different space.
To complete a proper move-out, the resident must do the following:
- During periods NOT at the end of the semester, schedule a traditional check-out appointment or request an express check-out with your area’s front desk at least one business day in advance. This can be done by calling your area’s office. (See phone numbers below.) Times for traditional check-outs (with staff present) can be completed Monday-Friday between 8pm-11:59pm or 10am-9pm on Saturdays or Sundays. Express check-outs are available on demand via the express check-out envelope system.
- Remove all personal possessions from the unit and complete all cleaning prior to the scheduled move-out time.
- Work with roommates or personally clean entire living space. Your cleaning and damage charges are based off of conditions at time of move-out. If roommates will remain in the space it is imperative that the apartment/residence hall room is still cleaned for your move-out.
- Be present at the scheduled move-out time for a complete inventory of the apartment and its condition.
- Surrender all keys issued.
- Provide the USPS with a forwarding address.
- Sign the completed check-out form or express check-out envelope acknowledging the transfer of all appropriate keys.
- If you are leaving before your contract has completed, please submit a contract cancellation request (please note this is a request, and if denied you will remain financially responsible for your space). Just completing your move-out is not sufficient.
List of Charges:
Dates to be aware of:
- East Apartments and West Townhouses: (217) 206-6190
- Founders Hall: (217) 206-8474
- Lincoln Hall: (217) 206-6200