Non UIS students serving internships
Illinois Springfield is pleased to offer housing to students who are serving internships or fellowships with Springfield-area companies and/or government agencies.
The Housing Office helps agencies assist their interns with housing needs, but the intern is responsible for making his or her own arrangements.
Please Note: The following information supplements the established and published terms and conditions for housing at Illinois Springfield. For complete information, please see the standard housing application form, including the terms and conditions and the summer addendum.
- Housing Assignments
- Term of Residence
- Rate and Contract Information
To be eligible, interns must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- Involved in a formal, educationally oriented internship.
Please note that intern housing is available only after the housing needs of eligible UIS students are met.
- Single Student Housing: a private bedroom in a 4 bedroom, 2 bath furnished apartment. May live with regular UIS students of the same gender.
- Family Housing: The Housing Office can offer limited housing for interns with families. Families are defined as a legal spouse, domestic partner, and/or legally dependent children under age 18. Families are assigned to 1 or 2 bedroom apartments, furnished or unfurnished.
- Note: Maximum occupancy on the largest family housing apartment is four persons.
Interns are housed during the regular UIS summer school term.
- Contact us for information about current Dates of Occupancy for summer.
- An extension of currently approved dates may be requested in writing with your application. Allowable extensions include 1 week prior to the official move in date, and 1 week after the official move in date (these are additional billable timeframes).
- The Housing Office may be able to offer housing to interns during the regular academic year (August-May). Please contact the Housing Office with specific details for more information.
All interns must:
- Complete a standard Housing Application form.
- Submit the appropriate deposit ($200 for single students, $300
- Fill out the internship information sheet.
- Water and waste hauling are included in the housing rate.
- Basic telephone service and local calls are included; however, a calling card or credit card is required for long distance calls.
- Electric service is included in the housing rate. Family residents will be billed by Housing Office.
- Cable TV is included in the housing rate.
- Internet Access is included in the housing rate.
The housing rate for summer can be found on the rates page.
Services provided under the Housing contract are limited to housing services.
- Interns are not provided a campus ID, and are generally not entitled to other campus services. Some services, specifically Fitness Center privileges, may be purchased separately. All housing residents, including interns, must purchase a campus parking hang tag if they plan to park on campus. For pricing, please see the Parking website.