- When can I move in for Fall?
- When can I move in for Summer?
- What can & should I bring?
- How do I move-in?
- How do I request a roommate?
- How do I request a different living space?
When can I move in for Fall?
For new incoming students there are three sets of dates for move-in:
- New international students can move in between August 17, 2012 and August 19, 2012, prior to their orientation the following week. Check-in for returning international students will be from Friday August 24 through August 26. We do take walk-in appointments but it is extremely appreciated if you call and set up an appointment. If you are checking in to East or West Campus Apartments please call 217-206-6190.
- Freshman can move into the residence halls on Wednesday, August 22, 2012. All other hall residents can move in the weekend of August 24 – 26 between 10am and 8pm. Appointments can be made by calling your respective residence hall but are not mandatory. Founders Hall can be reached at 217-206-8474 and Lincoln Residence Hall is 217-206-6200.
- Apartments and Townhouse residents move-in will be August 24-26. Walk-in appointments are accepted but it is highly prefered to have scheduled an appointment. If you are checking in to East Campus Apartments or West Campus Townhouses, please call 217-206-6190. This will enable us to have all of your information ready ahead of time and make check-in very smooth.
When & How can I move in for the Summer?
For all new students (domestic and international) and interns the earliest check-in is June 3rd. On the weekend of June 3 through June 5th, residents can arrive at Housing Commons between 10am and 6pm to check-in to their space without an appointment. Starting on Monday June 6th, residents must follow standard check-in procedures and call Housing Commons at (217-206-6190) to schedule a check-in appointment.
What can & should I bring when living in the residence halls
Welcome to college life! Remember that you cannot bring everything you own from your bedroom at home. The link below sends you to “Living at UIS” where you can find a copy of what was provided at orientation that suggests what you can & should alond with what you cannot and should not bring.
How do I move-in?
Once you receive an email from a Resident Director stating that your apartment has been cleaned, you may schedule your check-in appointment. If you are a new student, when you arrive for move-in you will be sent through a move-in process. Please follow any instruction that you received from us in the mail.
How do I request a roommate?
Roommates can be chosen as long as it is a mutual decision between both parties. There are two ways to accomplish this:
- Place the name of the desired roommate on the application. This can be done on the back page in Question #13 under “student assignment questions.”
- If your application has already been submitted, then you will need to complete a roommate request. As long as both parties complete one of the two actions above then we will see if we can accommodate your request.
- Reapplication Roommate Requests (Current Students)
How do I request a different living space?
Space changes are conducted as a last resort for students not happy with their space. We encourage students to attempt to work out roommate differences, utilize their Resident Assistants, and/or contact their Resident Director. If a situation calls for a space change then you will need to contact your Resident Director for assistance.