Student Technology, Arts & Research Symposium
- When: Thursday Morning, April 20, and Friday, April 21, 2017.
- Who: All students (graduate and undergraduate) involved in research or creative works. You can elect to give a short oral presentation, a poster presentation, art exhibition, or performance of your work.
- STARS Schedule
- Emiquon Field Trip Schedule
- Emiquon Field Trip Registration (open to UIS students, faculty, staff, alumni & local businesses)
- Businesses & Alumni Information
Symposium Keynote Speaker
Thursday April 20, 1:30 P.M. Brookens Auditorium
Ross Gay is the author of three books: Against Which; Bringing the Shovel Down; and Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude, winner of the 2015 National Book Critics Circle Award and the 2016 Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award. Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude received the National Book Critics Circle Award for Poetry in 2016 and is currently a nominee for the Hurston-Wright Legacy Award. Catalog was also a finalist for the Ohioana Book Award, the Balcones Poetry Prize, and was nominated for an NAACP Image Award. He has received fellowships from Cave Canem, the Bread Loaf Writer’s Conference, and the Guggenheim Foundation. He teaches at Indiana University.
Friday April 21, 1:30 P.M. Brookens Auditorium
William J. Cosgrove
William J. Cosgrove. B. Eng., M. Eng., Honorary D. Sc., McGill University. Currently Chair of the Board of the Water Economics, Policy and Governance Research Network (Canada), Bill is a former Vice President of the World Bank and was recently Senior Research Associate at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. He was Content Coordinator for the 3rd edition (2009) and Senior Advisor for the 4th edition (2012) of the United Nations World Water Development Report. He was a member of the Gulbenkian Foundation Think Tank on Water and Humanity. Bill received the Medal of the World Water Council for contributions to the World Water Vision (2000) and the 2001 Cannes international prize for water economics. He is an Honorary Fellow of the UNESCO-IHE Training Institute.