About the Department
The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs resides within the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
This office has primary responsibility for:
- Internal approval of proposals submitted to external sponsors
- Implementation of University of Illinois research-related policies, including:
- Conflict of Commitment and Interest
- Intellectual Property (including Patents and Copyrights)
- Academic Integrity in Research and Publications
- Review of protocols involving human subjects in research
- Review of protocols involving animal subjects in research
Please follow the links at the top for more information on these topics.
Staff are available to make presentations to classes and faculty meetings on topics such as proposal preparation, identification of funding sources, and use of human subjects in research. Contact us for more information.