Rec Tip of the Week
How to Rescue Your Diet
A March 4, 2014 FoxNews.com article lists 5 steps to rescue those diet slip ups.
1. Eat Breakfast: A fiber and protein rich breakfast will help keep you satisfied longer throughout the day.
2. Drink Water: often that sense of hunger felt throughout the day is truthfully thirst. When hungry drink an 8 oz glass of water first to make sure you weren’t just thirsty. Staying hydrated also helps regulate metabolism.
3. Fill up on Fiber: Fiber is important for satiety and for proper digestion. Filling up on high fiber foods is a great way to feel full longer without high calorie counts. Fruits and Veggies are great fiber choices.
4. Grab a snack: having a small snack midmorning and late afternoon is a great way to not overdo it at lunch and dinnertime. Keep snacks small and include protein and fiber in the snack.
5. Go light at night: eat more protein and fiber at your nighttime meal and lower your intake of carbs in the evening.
Previous Rec Tips of the Week
- Rescue Your Diet
- Reclaim Your Inner Child
- Break Away From Scale Obsession
- Include Others in Your Goals
- Drink Tart Cherry Juice to Help with Muscle Soreness
- Exercise Even on Your Worst Days!
- Curbing Those Mid-Morning Sweets
- Healthy Eating Rituals
- The Importance of Lifting Properly
- Diet: Keep Off That “Freshman 15″
- Hydration: Why Is It Important?
- Keep Your Metabolism Running
- Stress Relievers
- Why Beer Makes You Fat
- Breaking a Bad Habit
- A TABATA Workout Just For You!
- Spot Training
- What Does Your Pee Tell You?
- Why you should REALLY wipe down that machine . . .
- Positive Thinking for the New Year!
- Cardio Exercise Plan
- Does Music Improve Exercise Endurance
- Yoga Poses for Depression
- Sleep Tips
- What is a HEALTHY Snack?
- Making SMART Goals
- Choosing an Exercise that you ENJOY!Exercise While Sick?
- Eating Slowly and Mindfully.
- Exercise While Sick?
- Calories, Calories, Calories!