Rec Tip of the Week
Finding a Healthy Lifestyle Mentor
I recently read a great article in the December issue of Oxygen magazine. In this article if gives tips for finding a great mentor for living a healthy lifestyle and for those looking to make exercise and healthier eating a permanent part of their lives having a mentor can be very helpful. A mentor needs to be someone that lives a life similar to what you are searching for and is someone you have the opportunity to interact with, whether it be in person or virtually. These are the tips Oxygen Magazine gives for finding that mentor:
- Pick someone you admire and feel a natural connection with.
- Find someone that is honest, a great listener, is accessible and excited to help you achieve your goals.
- Find someone you can have a personal relationship outside of working out and nutritional guidance; someone who you have other things in common with.
Possible places to find a mentor:
- Fitness instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Fellow gym users
- Older sibling
Those goals will be so much more easily achieved if you have someone to lean on and to receive advice from. It helps to know that someone has struggled with similar things and yet has become someone who is admired.
Source: Stapley Ponikowski, M., Meant to Be, Oxygen Magazine: December 2013.
Previous Rec Tips of the Week
- The Importance of Lifting Properly
- Diet: Keep Off That “Freshman 15″
- Hydration: Why Is It Important?
- Keep Your Metabolism Running
- Stress Relievers
- Why Beer Makes You Fat
- Breaking a Bad Habit
- A TABATA Workout Just For You!
- Spot Training
- What Does Your Pee Tell You?
- Why you should REALLY wipe down that machine . . .
- Positive Thinking for the New Year!
- Cardio Exercise Plan
- Does Music Improve Exercise Endurance
- Yoga Poses for Depression
- Sleep Tips
- What is a HEALTHY Snack?
- Making SMART Goals
- Choosing an Exercise that you ENJOY!Exercise While Sick?
- Eating Slowly and Mindfully.
- Exercise While Sick?
- Calories, Calories, Calories!