Grilled Chicken Burritos
- 4 (10 inch) whole-grain or fat-free tortillas
- 2 cups grilled chicken strips, pre-cooked
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/3 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salsa (optional)
Cook chicken, rice, and broccoli according to package instructions and keep hot. Heat tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds or in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit until warm. Once tortillas are warm, divide chicken, rice, and broccoli evenly between each tortilla. Top with ½ cup cheese per tortilla. Roll each tortilla into a burrito and serve hot. For more flavor or spice, add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa to each burrito.
These burritos make 4 servings, and are a great healthy meal idea when you are in a hurry. The chicken provides lean protein while the brown rice adds fiber and whole grains to your meal. Additionally, eating broccoli provides vitamins C and B, potassium, and calcium. As an antioxidant-rich vegetable, broccoli also helps prevent and fight cancer.