Late Nite Stars is a student led initiative supported by Student Life, Recreational Sports, Disability Services, Health Center, the Volunteer & Civic Engagement Center, and the Diversity Center. The Late Nite Stars Committee plans 3 Late Nite Stars events per semester. All events are held on a Friday night from 9pm-1am in the Student Life Building.
Each Late Nite is based around a theme and has a variety of events going on concurrently. Previous themes have included Late Nite Game Night, Late Nite Fright Night, Late Nite Vegas Night, Late Nite Olympics Night, Late Nite MaDDness Night, Late Nite Summer Camp Night, Late Nite Covert Night, Late Nite Cruise Night, and Late Nite Rock N Roll Night.
Spring 2012 Late Nite Stars Schedule
- Friday, February 17, 2012 – Late Nite Livin’ Large!
- Friday, March 30, 2012 – Up Till’ Dawn
- Friday, May 4, 2012 – TBA
How can I get involved?
- Recreational Sports is looking for one or two volunteers to serve as representatives to the Late Nite Stars Committee. If interested, contact Rec Sports.
- Meetings are held on Fridays at 1:00pm in the Stars Lounge in the Student Life Building. Meetings are not held on the day of the Late Nite event. Students interested in joining the committee can email the chair Monique Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To provide UIS students with a consistent late night programming alternative.