REC Membership Overview
Definition of a Rec Member
A Rec Member refers to all UIS students being assessed the Recreation Center Fee portion of the General Fee for the current term, as well as anyone who has purchased a membership for the current term.
Who’s eligible to purchase a membership?
Recreational Sports provides recreation and wellness opportunities to students and the university community.
Current full-time UIS students are automatically members provided they have been assessed the General Fee*.
University affiliates may purchase memberships at the specified rates. Individuals will need to show a valid i-card at time of purchase. Affiliates include:
- Online-only degree seeking UIS students
- Previous term registered FT UIS students
- Current FT and PT UIS Academic Professional Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Civil Service Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Extra Help Employee Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Faculty
- Faculty Emeritus and Retired Staff
- Spouse/Partner of Eligble Student Member (Eligible Student Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Employee Member (Eligible Employee Member must be present at time of purchase)
- UIS Alumnus (UIS graduates only)
- Spouse/Partner of UIS Alumnus (UIS Alumni Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Persons residing in campus housing for the current term (verification from Housing required)
*Students registered for 1 hour are typically assessed the General Fee which supports Recreational Sports programs. These students are automatically Rec Members and may enter TRAC with their UIS i-card.