Beginning Fall 2016 Applicants to the Master of Public Health Degree must submit a GRE Report prior to consideration!
Information concerning the GRE test is available here
Prerequisites for Full Admission
The following prerequisites apply for Full Admission to the Master of Public Health Degree:
- Earned a baccalaureate degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale,
- GRE Report
- MPH Application and Academic Essay supported online
- Referrals (3) submit in compliance with department procedures.
- For MPH Environmental Students only transcripts documenting a strong background in natural sciences (biological sciences, chemistry, physics, geology, earth science, astronomy, etc.)
Students who are deficient in any of the prerequisites may be eligible for conditional admission.
All conditions must be completed within the first year of enrollment.
There are two separate steps to apply:
1. You must apply to the UIS Graduate School
Unlike undergraduate programs, which allow students to simply apply to the university and declare a major, graduate application is two separate processes.
2. You must also apply to Master of Public Health program office
For assistance or information email or call 217-206-6720