How to Apply – MPH Program
In addition to the University application, students must submit a separate application to the Master of Public Health program. The application forms are provided here as fillable MS Word forms.
To be considered for admission to the Master of Public Health program
1. Appropriate Application Form:
- `Mph Application-fillable form
Download the MPH Program application (as a fillable Word.doc)
- The MPH Grad Certificate Application-fillable form-1
Download the MPH Graduate Certiicate application (as a fillable Word.doc)
2. Graduate Records Examination [GRE] scores:
However, applicants may submit alternate credentials in lieu of the GRE that include:
- Other graduate proficiency exams, such as GMAT or MCAT
- A post-Bachelor’s credential such as a Master’s degree or graduate certificate, or
- A professional license or certificate that requires a bachelor’s degree for eligibility to sit for the exam. Please submit proof of the credential with your MPH program application material
3. Letters of recommendation MPH Reference Form
Applicants are expected to provide 3 letters of recommendation from employers, peers or educators.
4. An Academic Essay (NOT a Personal Goals Statement) addressing each of the following three questions:
- What are the most urgent public health problems facing your community today?
- How will a master’s degree in public health help prepare you to address these problems?
- Which area of public health specialization appeals most to you?
The preferred format is to use each question as a section header followed by one or several paragraphs in answer to each question.
Prerequisites for Full Admission
- earned a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- at least 30 hours of natural sciences on transcript (natural sciences include: biological sciences, physics, chemistry, environmental sciences, geology, astronomy, meteorology, etc. Other courses may be allowed on a case by case basis)
- an undergraduate course in basic statistics
SUBMIT PROGRAM APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Public Health Department
MS PAC 309
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
You may also submit the materials electronically to:
Application Due Dates: MPH accepts applications at any time. The deadlines for Graduate Assistant and Graduate Public Service Program Internships are March 15 for summer and fall semester admissions and the preceding October 15 for spring semester admissions.