How to Apply – MPH Program
In addition to the University application, students must submit a separate application to the Master of Public Health program. The application forms are provided here as fillable MS Word forms.
To be considered for admission to the Master of Public Health Application Program
- Choose the appropriate application form
2. Submit the GRE Score Report to the UIS Office of Admissions
However, applicants may submit alternate credentials in lieu of the GRE that include:
- Other graduate proficiency exams, such as GMAT or MCAT
- A post-Bachelor’s credential such as a Master’s degree or graduate certificate, or
- A professional license or certificate that requires a bachelor’s degree for eligibility to sit for the exam. Please submit proof of the credential with your MPH program application material
- Applicants must provide names and email addresses of employers, peers or educators who are willing to provide a reference.
4. An Academic Essay (NOT a Personal Goals Statement) addressing is included in the application form. Or you can submit the essay in MS Word as an email attachment to email@example.com. Answer each of the following three questions:
- What are the most urgent public health problems facing your community today?
- How will a master’s degree in public health help prepare you to address these problems?
- Which area of public health specialization appeals most to you?
As a narrative essay, use of the first person pronoun ‘I’ is welcomed.
Answer each question specifically in response to the topic presented.
The essay should have a purpose, organized with a clear point of view.
The language should be carefully, particularly, and artfully chosen for an academic audience.
Prerequisites for Full Admission
- earned a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- transcript documenting coursework applicable to the certificate sought
SUBMIT PROGRAM APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Public Health Department
MS PAC 309
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
Application Due Dates: MPH accepts applications at any time. The deadlines for Graduate Assistant and Graduate Public Service Program Internships are March 15 for summer and fall semester admissions and the preceding October 15 for spring semester admissions.
You may also submit the materials electronically to: