For detailed course descriptions, visit the UIS Online Catalog.
- PAR 404 Media Law (4 hours)
- PAR 501 Advanced Public Affairs Reporting (6 hours)
- PAR 503 Legislative Issues (2 hours)
- PAR 504 Internship I (12 hours)
- PAR 505 Internship II (4 hours)
- PAR 510 Developing Public Policy in Illinois (4 hours)
In consultation with the adviser, students generally may choose as electives any courses offered by any of the academic programs at UIS. Students typically take two electives (eight credit hours) in the fall semester and one elective (four credit hours) in the spring semester.