9 Things UIS Alumni Can Do
[Updated March 10, 2015]
- Enjoy your life.
“Give it everything you’ve got. Make sure, when the curtain comes down, that you’re exhausted – that you’ve wrung every last drop of joy and wonder and pain and awe from life.”
2013 UIS Commencement speech
- Engage with UIS on social media
- Facebook: Share posts from the University of Illinois Springfield on Facebook. Also, Like the Office of UIS Alumni Relations on Facebook.
- Twitter: Follow @UISedu, use the #UISedu hashtag and retweet to your followers.
- Instagram: Follow the @UISedu and the #UISedu hashtag.
- LinkedIn: Join the UIS Alumni group and build on the 1,100 who already have.
Especially be on the lookout for new “Alumni Profiles” and share them often on social media when you see them.
- Update your contact and directory information on the Alumni website
- Join the Illinois Connection
- Offer an internship to a current student, or hire one in the summer. Contact Sarah Stover at the AST Office or Tammy Craig at the Career Center
- Events especially for alumni:
- Contact Holly Fowler: email@example.com to stay up to date.
- April 1, 2015 – Chicago: Network and Learn Evening Reception
- April 23, 2015 – Lunch and Learn at UIS
- Save this date and give us just a little time
- May 16, 2015: Graduation
- May 7, 2015 – Alumni and Board of Trustee Lobby Day at the Capitol
- Contact Holly Fowler for addition information and to volunteer.
- Make a donation to a scholarship or create your own scholarship.
Current students need scholarships, no question about it. The reason some don’t return or finish their degree is that they cannot afford it. There are scholarships for many purposes. Check here to see the possibilities.
- Stop by the campus!