Ed’s Campus Forums
The UIS administration is reaching out to the campus community this year with a new kind of monthly open forum. The idea is to provide another way for students, staff and faculty to let the administration know what’s on their minds, and for administrators to respond to any questions or comments or concerns that people have.
The forums are called Ed’s Campus Forums, because Ed Wojcicki, Associate Chancellor for Constituent Relations, will be at every forum. The location will move to different places on campus to make it easier for people to attend. Anyone may come to speak or just listen.
The forums will be on the first Friday of every month, either at noon or 11 a.m. These forums will be informal and last for one hour. In most locations, people can bring their lunches if they want to.
The idea to do this arose when Ed was at a Civil Service Advisory Council (CSAC) meeting last year. CSAC endorsed the idea and provided suggestions on when to have the forums.
People who don’t want to speak publicly at the forums can send questions or comments in advance to:
Ed will provide a response during the forum or find out the information and post it here after the forum.
Ed will also use his UIS blog, www.uis.edu/community, to address some of the issues that come up at the forums or in emails to him. Ed is also available by appointment to people who would prefer to speak to him privately.
An open forum every month to ask questions, listen and learn.
- 9/4/09, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: PAC conference room E
- 10/2/09, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Student Affairs conference room
- 11/6/09, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: UHB 1005
- 12/4/09, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: PAC 3B
- 1/8/10, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Student Affairs conference room
- 2/5/10, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.: UHB classroom 1004
- 3/5/10, 11:00 a.m.: PAC classroom 4E
- 4/2/10, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Student Affairs conference room, SAB 23
- 5/7/10, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: UHB classroom 1004
- 6/4/10, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.: PAC classroom 4E