The Project Midstate Student Support (MSS) for Teaching Program, formerly known as Project Minority Student Support for Teaching, is a partnership designed to assist the Springfield and Decatur school systems in the recruitment of teachers by establishing an articulated teacher recruitment and preparation initiative beginning at graduation from high school and continuing through University of Illinois at Springfield licensure. Partners in this program represent the University of Illinois at Springfield and two local school districts, Springfield School District 186 and Decatur School District 61.
University of Illinois Springfield Representatives:
- Dr. Ronda Mitchell, Director, Project Midstate Student Support (MSS) for Teaching Program
- Dr. Hanfu Mi, Dean, College of Education and Human Services
- Dr. Cindy Wilson, Chair, Department of Teacher Education
Springfield School District 186 Representatives:
- Jennifer Gill, Superintendent
- Gina McLaughlin-Schurman, Director of Human Resources