If you are a recruiter or admissions counselor and you would like to do an event on the UIS campus please contact Prof. John Martin (217-206-8342, firstname.lastname@example.org).
If there is no room listed for an event then it should be considered tentative and subject to change.
April 30 : Physician Assistants
- (6pm – 7pm, VPA 152) Don Diemer, DHSc, PA-C is the Program Director of the SIU Physicians Assistant Program and the President of the Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants. He will be talking about what physician assistants do and how to become one.
What We Did Last Semester (Fall 2012)
September 28: Illinois RMED Scholarships
- (1pm – 2pm, location HSB 235) Come meet Illinois RMED program recruiter Mark Meurer and learn how this program can help you pay for medical school.
October 3: Research and Graduate School is Parmacology at the SIU School of Medicine
- (noon – 1pm , location TBD) Dr. Julio Copello from the SIU-SOM Pharmocology dept on will talk about his research and their graduate program. This talk is arranged and hosted by the BIO and CHE departments.
October 26: Philanthropy and Medicine
- Drs Robins & Woodson, Simmons Cancer Institute, SIU Med
- (1pm – 2pm, location HSB 302) Discussion about how many doctors give their time and talent to charitable cases.
November 30: Effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Dr Eric Brown, Cheif Medical Officer for SIU HealthCare at SIU-Med Springfield
- (1pm – 2pm, location HSB 302) Learn how changes to the law and public policy are effecting the work of medical professionals.
What has already happened in Spring 2013
January 30: Pre-Med Student Club Organizational Meeting
- (11:30am – 12:30pm: UHB 2001) A new pre-med student club is starting at UIS! Come be involved from the start. If you can’t be there but are intrested talk to Josh Huber, Justin Sawyer, or Jacob Bohem about being part of this.
February 11: Med-School Recuiter from A.T.Still University
- (4pm – 5pm, HSB 235)
February 12: Recuiter from Life University School of Chiropracty
- (4pm – 5pm, HSB 235)
February 26: Med-School Recuiter from Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara
- (4pm – 5pm, HSB 303)
April 5 : Illinois R-Med Program
(1pm – 2pm, location HSB 304) Mark Meurer will be visiting with information about the Illinois R-Med program that offers scholarships to medical students you plan to serve in rural Illinois communities.
April 26 : Applying to Medical School
(1pm – 2pm, HSB 304) This is one of our most popular events every year. Dr Erik Constance. associate dean of students at SIU-Med, will be on hand to tell you about what you need to know about medical school before you apply.